Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pods of Death

Miss Airan Scruby recently brought to my attention an accident involving the St. Louis Arch. This reminds me of a very special trip that many members of the Graphic staff took back in October to St. Louis for a media conference.

For those like me who had very little urge to visit that moument other than it being one of the major attractions in the city our group went up the Arch. To get to the top four people have to share these little white pods. There is about an quarter of an inch of space between the window inside the pod and the interior of structure of the Arch.

Being myself I had to make comments about what would happen if these things broke down. Poor Jaimie Franklin who was not a big fan of small spaces was sharing my pod on the way up. Luckily for all of us the pods took us up and down with no problem. Here are some pictures that even prove that.






There were some other students that were not quite so lucky. But I imagine they made some of these faces.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha good times. nice post, segal!