Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ventura County Star Publisher resigns

Today Ventura County Star Publisher Tim Gallagher resigned from his post. Pepperdine is losing a friend and a supporter.

Publisher to leave The Star

CAMARILLO, Ca – The E.W. Scripps Co. and Ventura County Star Publisher Tim Gallagher today jointly announced a new role for Gallagher in the company that also allows him to pursue other business opportunities.

Gallagher will continue to be an employee of Scripps who will work on special assignment as an assistant to Scripps Howard Publishing President Mark Contreras. He will step down as publisher of the Star and begin his own business consulting in the areas of media and management that do not compete with the Star.

“This is a great opportunity for me to continue my 30-year association with Scripps, a company I dearly love, as well as the chance to do some things I have really been wanting to do,” Gallagher said. “I could never thank the folks at Scripps enough for their willingness to work with me and allow this to happen.”

Tim Gallagher

Tim Gallagher

Read more >>>

0 comments: