Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Internship at KNBC

BY SHANNON URTNOWSKI
Living Editor

I've been like a fish out of water for the past 5 months - and I've loved every minute of it. In May, I started an internship with KNBC Channel 4 in Burbank, and, coming from a print journalism background, I knew it was going to be something very new for me. I wanted to take this step, though, to expand myself as a journalist.

I intern with the KNBC Investigative Unit, so I get to help with various undercover and investigative news stories. I work alongside some of the most talented in the business, such as investigative reporter Ana Garcia (who also anchors the news at 6 p.m.) and investigative producer Fred Mamoun. This past summer, one of the most exciting stories I helped them cover involved L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's exposed affair with Telemundo reporter Mirthala Salinas. The affair, which was uncovered in July, caused a news-frenzy, and we were all over it.

Right now, with sweeps month coming up, we are working on some exciting new stories, so be sure to tune in to Channel 4 in November to check those out. You can also check out KNBC's Web site at knbc.com.

0 comments: